Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

Each day I am married, it reminds me that I am not living just for me, everything that I do will either effect my wife and future children, for the Lord or for the world.

This is our first Christmas together married. One year ago today Samantha, her family and I drove to Arizona to celebrate Christmas with her grandma, grandpa, and uncle Jeff.
One year ago toady

Back then we had been betrothed (engaged) for just about a month. It was a very exciting time.

This year has been just as exciting. Having our first Christmas in our home, with our tree, and opening presents. Sharing this time with Samantha has been pretty amazing.

I think that because we have done so much, by way of ministry and traveling in this short 9 months, people forget we are still newlyweds. It is very important to spend the holidays with family, but it is equally important for Samantha and I to be able to have/start traditions of our own. For us to build special personal memories, things that we can look back on with joy.

Last night was one of those moments. After dinner at Mom and Dad Leeders, we drove out to a little town just north of us, where they put out thousands of little candles placed inside of a brown paper bag. They are called farolitos.

Image courtesy of  Steve Immel Photography

This morning was another special moment as Samantha and I got up early to open presents. It was pretty fun just to see the little gifts we got each other. Most of them just small things that we knew would mean a lot to each other.
NASCAR!!!


Through out today I have been thinking about how blessed I am. To be Saved, to have a wonderful wife is Saved, to serve in the ministry, to have my immediate family (both sides) Saved.

This video was a blessing to us, we hope it will be to you too.
Merry Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment