Thursday, June 21, 2012

Nursery Update - Number 2


We have recently received our baby crib, thanks to my mom. It was the first gift from our registry and as you can imagine we were pretty excited to put it together....that is until we saw all the pieces! :-)
All kidding aside it really was neat to be able to put it together. I tore into the box and Samantha being my helper, started to gather up all the packing material and cardboard.
It really wasn't too hard to put together. Just a little time consuming.
HERE WE GO!

This is my "Gonna give it my best shot" pose!

Yup! I read the instructions...






Mission Complete!!

Let's Accessorize!

If I have learned anything from HGTV, it's that it IS possible to achieve a really nice, elegant look, without having to spend a whole lot of money. Couple that with Samantha's (with the help of Mom Leeder) God given ability to find amazing deals and you have a very happy husband and a very blessed home.

While at a baby thrift store Samantha was able to snatch up a great deal on baby bedding.

She was able to get a curtan, bumper, bedding and bed skirt, extra sheet, and lamp.,all for under $40...Not to shabby!

As a kid I always loved dinosaurs! I just thought they were so cool. At the age of 18, I got saved at a street preaching ministry in Santa Monica, CA. Having never been to a Bible preaching church, and not really known what Salvation was, but knowing only that God did something in my heart that night as I listend to that man preach. I was directed by God's amazing grace to a video by Dr. Kent Hovind (aka Dr. Dino) that my brother just "happend" to have borrowed. 

Because of the title of the video "Dinosaurs and the Bible" I watched it while my brother was at work, and at the end of the video Dr. Hovind explains the plan of Salvation. Believing in God and know knowing how the Dinosaurs fit into the Bible removed all doubt for me.  It was through all of this that I understood what God did for me and how he saved my soul! - This is the very very short version of this story, soon I hope to add both Samantha and My testimony of Salvation.
(At the end of this blog, I have included the video)

Dino Lamp!
Dino Curtains



Nathan's nursery is really coming along.



No comments:

Post a Comment